The Friends of St Mary's Church, Newport, Essex

              Supporting St. Mary the Virgin, Newport since 2000

NEW_LOGO_copy[1]

The Friends

The objects of the Friends of St. Mary's Church, Newport are to maintain, repair, restore, preserve, improve, beautify and reconstruct for the benefit of the public the fabric of St Mary’s Church, Newport, its monuments, fixtures, fittings, furniture, stained glass, ornaments and other chattels and its churchyard.

 

Membership is open to anyone interested in the objects of the Society who has paid the annual subscription, which is currently £15 for individuals and £25 for family membership.

 

The Society may raise funds and accept gifts and invest funds for the achievements of the objects of the Society. The Friends have been actively involved in raising funds for over ten years and have supported extensive repairs including to the nave roof in 2001, the tower in 2004 and to the chancel and vestry roofs and the priest's room staircase in 2013.

 

The Friends is managed by a committee comprising four members elected by the Annual General Meeting of the society, two members retiring annually by rotation and by four members appointed from time to time by the PCC of St Mary’s Church, Newport.

 

The Friends role is primarily fund-raising; responsibility for the building lies with the incumbent, the churchwardens and the parochial church council.

 

 

 

The Committee

Chairman: Martin Creasy

Treasurer: Neil Hargreaves

Secretary: Berenice Smith

 

 

Registered Charity Number: 1085197

Chancel etc 048 1911 hopper comp P1010270 P1010270 P1010270